Lab24 menu synevo
Are you in Warsaw?
Yes Change
City choosing helps us to find up-to-date information about tests, their prices, and methods of material testing in your city
Lab24 telephone +48 573 569 057
  • EN
  • UA
  • PL

α-Amylase pancreatic

31 zł
Readiness of result: from 1 day
Choose a nurse's home visit at a special price or get a -10% discount on laboratory visits
Teleconsultation with a doctor
Two doctors teleconsultations for tests selection and the interpretation of their results
150 zł89 zł More
Nelya Muzychuk
Nelya Muzychuk
General practitioners, therapist
How to prepare for testing?
Do not eat 12 hours before the study
Do not eat 12 hours before the study
Eliminate physical and emotional stress for 30 minutes before the study
Eliminate physical and emotional stress for 30 minutes before the study
Do not smoke for 30 minutes before the study
Do not smoke for 30 minutes before the study
Why this test?

An increase in the activity of pancreatic amylase in the blood without a change in the activity of salivary amylase serves as confirmation of the pathology of the pancreas.

For example, with acute pancreatitis, its activity in the blood can increase to 90% of the total activity of amylase.

For the diagnosis of pancreatitis in the postoperative period, when the activity of total amylase is increased.

If pathology of the salivary glands, ovaries or bronchi is suspected.

In what cases is it prescribed

When confirming the diagnosis of "acute" or "chronic pancreatitis".

Suspected diseases of the salivary glands and ovaries.

Test information

Amylase is a digestive enzyme capable of breaking down carbohydrates. The largest amount of amylase is found in the salivary and pancreatic glands. Amylase, which is produced in the pancreas - pancreatic amylase (P-type) - is part of pancreatic juice. From the pancreas, pancreatic juice containing lipase enters the duodenum through the pancreatic duct, where it helps digest food. Amylase of the salivary glands - salivary amylase (S-type) - transforms food starch in the oral cavity.
Normally, a small amount of amylase circulates in the blood. At the same time, about 60% is salivary amylase (S-type), and the remaining 40% is pancreatic amylase. When there is damage to the pancreas, as in pancreatitis, or if the pancreatic duct is blocked by a stone or tumor, pancreatic amylase (P-type) begins to enter the bloodstream in larger amounts. There is no increase in the activity of salivary amylase.

Have you hard time trying to understand the lab test results?
Use our new service of interpreting lab test results by a doctor
Lab24 backpack
Order now
Lab24 assistant
Hi! Need help?

Quick order

More details
Send request