Why this test?
To detect the vitamin H content in the body.
In what cases is it prescribed?
- With dysbacteriosis, during antibiotics therapy or anticonvulsants.
- In case of inflammatory processes of the gastrointestinal tract.
- With increased sugar and cholesterol in the blood.
- In case of dermatological problems (dryness and unhealthy skin tone, dermatitis, acne, eczema, psoriasis, hair loss, baldness).
- In case of such diseases as: celiac disease, cystic fibrosis. As well as genetic diseases associated with biotinidase deficiency.
Information about the test
Biotin is a part of enzymes that regulate protein and fat metabolism and has high activity. Biotin plays an important role in the human body: it participates in the biosynthesis of glycogen and hemoglobin, promotes the assimilation of proteins, regulates the production of insulin and supports the immune system. With the help of vitamin H, the necessary level of useful intestinal microflora and the normal functioning of the nervous system are maintained. A sufficient level of this vitamin supports the normal functioning of the thyroid gland and affects the condition of the skin, hair and nails. With a healthy gastrointestinal tract, vitamin B7 is produced by its own microflora. But it also gets to the body with food